Saturday

I'm cooking tonight

Because when I know school starts back up, and I stop being full-time couch baby and start being full-time student, I'll never have the time.  And that's okay. Because tonight is probably all I need to shake the pepper outta my skirt.

So, we're having steak strips with grilled onions and green peppers, black beans, and blueberries and watermelon. That's one protein-anti-oxidant-packed meal, folks. But they starve me in Chapel Hill, as all I have on my shelf of the pantry is an almost-empty bag of pretzel chips and a box of Oolong tea bags. So this tasty menu is necessary for and energy/vitamin re-load.

Something funny just happened. I was responding to my mom's comments and questions, engaged in conversation, when I realized she was not, in fact, directing said comments and questions to me, she was talking on the phone to someone else. Nice shan.

Back to dinna:

Butter up the frying pan, throw in some onions and green peppers and flip them around till the edges get golden brown.  Then put them in a separate bowl and throw the steak strips in the pan to cook separately. Once the steak is cooked, throw the onions and green peppers back in so the flavors meet.   




Watermelon balls are juicy and lip-smackin' good.


Throw a whole wheat tortilla in the pan to crisp it up, then put on some steak, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, cheese, and black beans. Tuck it into a burrito, or eat like a taco salad. Yum!