Tuesday

"Happy earth day, or happy thing that revolves around me day"

So now you're probably wondering what my story is. And now I want to share. Lucky you!

My story is good food. Every day. Working for a hospitality group means while yea we sell an experience, a lifestyle, our product is the food. And that needs to be tested and scrutinized and damn well enjoyed. All of it. Every day.

My story is concept design. 
It's what I do, it's why my boss pays me. It's what I'm good at- or am dedicated to being better at.  It's what my glorious "creative director" title means. I listen to the ideas of the owners, architects, managers, chefs and marketing people of the project on hand and, well, design the concept.  Everything from logo options to mood, from uniform to menu. Architectural design and interior design.  I get to collaborate with the architect which is by far the most fascinating aspect to me.  I put together a presentation and most of the work from there is editing, customizing.  Understanding what someone wants and being able to visually translate it is my skill, my value, my craft. 

My story, right now, is that. I'm not super high up, or seasoned and experienced.  In fact I'm the opposite, never had prestigious internships or relevant experience. Never really needed it, I've always gotten by just being a really good beach girl. But I told you I wasn't done yet. I just wanted to share this part of the journey.