Tuesday

Boys

When all the boyfriends of the house come over and the house gets that much louder and deep-voiced, it's like I'm at home. ESPN goes on, frozen pizzas go in the oven, jokes are laughed at. It's something about those zip up hoodies and messy counters and humongous shoes at the door that makes me so happy. I love having boys around so much, whether I'm propped up on a counter in the kitchen in the midst of them all or laying in my bed hearing their deep laughs travel up the stairs.. I don't even have to be interacting with them to get that sense of joy and comfort when they're around.

It's something about their shoulders. Or their sense of humor. Or how they wear their jeans. Or how they trust you with whatever button-down you tell them to wear. Or the way when a game is on, they just tune out everything a girl is saying, and somehow still hear everything the other guys in the room are saying. They like food, and they eat a lot of it. But when they have a huge bag of chips, they only eat a few. They drink orange juice out of the carton and when they walk around a room the whole floor shakes. I'm gonna go ahead and say with complete confidence that it's growing up with brothers that makes me feel so at ease when males are around. Maybe that's too obvious, or maybe I just love my brothers that much and it carries over to anyone with strong arms and a reason to put the seat up when they pee. I don't really know but whatever it is, boys are the best.