Saturday

Free as Fall

I found out we only have to take 3 classes next semester.  Somehow that makes it all seem like we're going to survive?  So.. more time to sleep or to learn how to make dinner for myself?  Or to try out more restaurants so I don't have to. Haven't decided yet.

I've been accepting the summer-fall transition this year more than ever.  As in I haven't sunken into the moodiest of depressions this time as my beloved summer months slowly left me.  Only reason I can think of?  With the click of your weather app telling you it's a high of 62 degrees, a whole new wardrobe appears in your closet.

Thanks to October's sunny/cool approach in contrast with the rest of the east-coast-year's extreme weather conditions, you can do things you normally couldn't.  Like wear the longest long sleeves with the shortest short dresses and the sturdiest sturdy boots.  All with the most amount of layers and the most intense textures.  Just walking into your closet is like getting a new menu at your favorite restaurant- but they're still using all your favorite ingredients.  Unexpected, but bold. And subtle, like a good surprise should be.  Oh, you wanted asparagus and truffle with your pasta? Now we're stuffing it into ravioli and putting it on top of this pumpkin butter sauce! Here! Wear it! Also try this Chianti we just brought back from Perugia. Good, right?

WHAT. I mean impeccable approach, Fall.  Really, I've never felt more empowered by your effortless cool.  You are gracefully chilly.  You make me close my bedroom windows at night and wear sweaters to sleep.  But you are served up sweeter than the frozen strawberry pancakes and flat champagne I've had for dinner the past 3 nights.  And that is sweet.