Thursday


I am so happy being single. It is the most exciting, fulfilling, spontaneous life there is. I was watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills this morning (it's got nothing on Orange County) and all of the couples were taking a weekend trip to Vegas. All the housewives had their husbands there except one, Camille.  She was sad at first, when she got there, and who wouldn't be, in a glamorously romantic hotel suite with a larger than life water bed and breathtaking view from the balcony. She missed her husband (who was on a golf trip) and left him several messages (on his secretary-voiced-voicemail) until she decided she was going to have fun without him. Now, let me remind you she's a bratty Beverly Hills billionaire, so i can't say with complete confidence that she kept it cool and classy the entire weekend (i.e. dancing like a stripper, giving other husbands lap dances, relentlessly flirting with other husbands) but it gave me perspective on lives that aren't perpetually attached to a guy.  I hope i'm not anything like Camille, ever, but i do hope that I am able to face couple-y situations (cocktails, dinners etc) and not feel limited by the fact that I am single. Instead, without feeling incomplete, conquer the time and enjoy being the most individually fun person I can be. This way, someday, I won't have to share the fun with someone else, slumped together like a chicken pot pie.  I'll be able to stack my fun on top of his, so we'll be having double the fun, like a fabulous, four foot wedding cake. Chocolate, in all respects, of course.