Wednesday

Orange you glad i didn't say banana!

i don't know what to eat for dinner so i researched (getting back into semester mode) some tasty inspirations.  Each year for Christmas, my brothers and I get oranges at the bottom of our stocking. They fit really well in the toe part. Just slide right in there. Anyway, it's a tradition that came from our ancestors (why does that word sound so old and Native American-like? they were really just my grandparents' grandparents) who had to celebrate Christmas during the Great Depression. I guess their parents couldn't afford CVS lipgloss and Harris Teeter socks. It's still cool though because it has history, means something to the family, and leaves all your stocking prezzies with its citrusy aroma. It's January 5th, and I still have my orange from my stocking. And, as FedEx has recently delivered the huge, annual box of seasonal oranges from Florida (in this house we use locations to describe people. Florida=grandparents), i thought it only fitting to show some blog love to those exotic, yet delightfully fresh orange-y recipes.