Wednesday

Trying not to be the joker.

I can't be doing things like that online. Learned my lesson once, you never know where the internet will take your innermost thoughts. So, I'd like to introduce my new obsession with this song, a little blake lively, and a few other C sharps and B flats. 


I found this on a picture online, and think it's the nicest thing ever. 

 "i will kill the spiders. i will share my fries with you when you’ve finished all yours and are still hungry. i won’t ever pop my collar. i will never be rude to your tummy- when i hear it growl and gurgle, i promise to bend down and reply respectfully. i will eat the mushrooms when we order the supreme pizza. i will kiss the papercuts. and the door-slammed finger. and the counter-bumped hip. i’ll try my hardest not to get annoyed when you whisper questions and comments during movies. i will be the big spoon. i will let you win at wrestling. sometimes. other times i will not. i will go faster. harder. i will pull when you want. and tease you when you don’t. i will send you random txts and leave you silly gifts. not always. not on schedule. just whenever i want to. whenever i think you need one. or seven. i will check your tire pressure. and remind you to take your car in. i will hold your hand. i will love you. i will 
love you. i will love you."


She's such a star



Just saw this and it reminded me of my wall at home. The one I used as an over-sized diary. The one crowded in colored words and painted lyrics that really looks like more of a plate of rainbow spaghetti than a collection of thoughts.  I did something like this on my wall , but the head had a hat on, and it was in acrylics, not watercolor.  

My mom was telling me about how she's planning on painting over the wall in my room to kick off its makeover into a new guest room. I always knew this day was coming, and I always expected to be sad about it when the time came. I'm not sad at all.  I know it's something silly to be sad over anyways, but in retrospect, i put a lot of time and energy and emotion into that wall.  It's kind of a creation of my high school years.  

I learned a lot from that wall, if it wasn't just the fact that sometimes you need a blank space to get a better look at all your thoughts. Having that wall not only helped me sort my thoughts out, but see them in all their shape and color.  It's not that i wrote sad things in blue and sunshine in yellow; I am much more of a design freak than that.  It's how each part of the wall holds a memory, or even a feeling, that by looking at it now, I can still sense exactly how it felt, remember the just what it was like at that time.

Going to college, I had to find another way to lay out my thoughts.  I needed a new wall.  Unfortunately it took a year, but now I have this little website.  Or- blog. And whenever I need there to be, there's a little white box, full of nothing, waiting for my mark of confusion, bliss, heartbreak, whim, or just plain stress.  It's certainly different from painting, but equally fun.  It's still mine, it's still easy, and it's still completely undefined. 

So I won't miss my wall.  I'm not sad, I won't regret its new clean paint, or pout about its disappearance. It's served its purpose, and I've moved out. I have a new wall.  
I call it Shanlife.