Tuesday

Venus did blow my mind and it was everything I wanted to find

Now that I'm back in the atmosphere (America at least) I've got all these things to tell you about!

Like winter break, which was amazing, and wasn't supposed to be a break from blogging but when you get a new iPad from your grandparents with your name engraved on the back, you really, realllyyyy don't want to break out the old Lenovo like, ever again. And then I remembered about the Blogger app and now don't have any excuse at all.

BUT, I didn't forget my Blogger password and now that I'm back from that soul vacation, all you really missed were Harris Teeter days and Red Box nights and my beautiful mother who likes to listen to country with the windows down (or heated seats) and my cuddly little brothers who make me laugh, literally all the time, and my best Cary friends that you wouldn't get all of our inside jokes with anyways. Did I mention my dad who will do anything to make me happy, including but not limited to walking into Urban Outfitters and waiting for me at the cash registers? Well there you have it folks, spoiled girl blog moment of 20...13! But it was Christmas and I did spend the entire day prior to that running around the triangle with him looking for the perfect thermos for my mom.

And as good as home is and always will be, I couldn't be happier to be back at school, in the best of all those best places in the world, Chapel Hill.

So here I am, I've traced my way through the constellation, and this is my reality. Which is not that I am partying in Florence or that there are any more drops of Jupiter in my hair. But that I'm in our tiny little flat we call ~The Bungalow~ sitting in my bed eating chocolate ice cream out of a wine glass, realizing I missed The Bachelor earlier, still needing to shower, take some antibiotics still left from a nasty sinus infection and finish some illustration work.  I do have class tomorrow and I do recognize the lack of sleep I'll be getting this semester, but I couldn't imagine no love, pride, or deep fried chicken for that matter. So yes, I am fully aware of the glamour of my life right now. And there's none. But I'll tell you what, I love it.

And I'll tell you what else.

I did, I fell head right over heels for a shooting star, and I missed him, oh how I missed him while I was looking for myself out there.


^I could have done something romantic and cute to this picture in Photoshop or something, but then you wouldn't be able to tell how it's actually in a grocery store at 2 a.m. while getting stuff to make sandwiches. And that we're on a motorized scooter for handicapped shoppers because his ankle was sprained... 
We're no plain old Janes. 
(Had to)