Tuesday

Damsel in Distress

I am so busy. Like so busy. Really confused how 5 classes worth of finals/projects are going to get done. I'm stressing about stressing, acting like I'm the only person in the history of busy lives to ever be so stressed.  I worry about not getting enough sleep, not having time to eat lunch, what's going to happen next.  I hate wearing socks with my Chucks but then my feet sweat and smell bad. I spend all my cash on vending machine food that I hate. I live for the conversations with the boy that make me laugh out loud. Do big fonts make things more manageable? I stay up all night playing out all the possible outcomes in my head and snap at my mother on the phone and start crying when I watch Disney commercials in class.  I'm a tangled, bed-headed mess of anxiety but I want you to understand me when I say that I am also happy. I think that I would rather be stressed like this than to not have anything to care about at all. 

“Dear God," she prayed, "let me be something every minute of every hour of my life. Let me be gay; let me be sad. Let me be cold; let me be warm. Let me be hungry...have too much to eat. Let me be ragged or well dressed. Let me be sincere - be deceitful. Let me be truthful; let me be a liar. Let me be honorable and let me sin. Only let me be something every blessed minute. And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost.”