Wednesday

Starting to feel the spring in my step


Did I tell you about spring break? It was incredible. Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Mexico. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm the most spoiled girl in America. And now the Caribbean. I got to reunite with my beloved summer wardrobe and my soul was whole again with all the tanks and short things I could pack in my suitcase. I pretty much only drank Coronas with limes in them until I discovered the kick of a Dos Equis in Cozumel. I also swam in the prettiest water the heavens ever made. I just can't believe how something can be so blue and so clear at the same time. And all the fish in that water! It's majestic, these fish have the brightest purples and sunniest yellows and deepest blacks and all with the most intricate patterns. It was unreal. I met some cool people from Manhattan. I also hid away in my book A Tree Grows In Brooklyn until I finished it. I did, and it is the best book I've ever read. I think I'm going to read it again even it takes another year for me to do it.


The week came with two nights on each end at my grandparents' and I still think that's real paradise.
I got to hug lots of family and we laughed a lot, of course.  I'll leave out the parts where I missed my flight home but even though it was an accident, I'm here to tell you getting left in Miami with your grandparents is the happiest accident there ever was. After mean-tweeting at American Airlines, the g and g picked me back up and it felt more like a treat than customer service trauma. I collapsed under the noon sun in their backyard and napped away my upset and then we got egg salad sandwiches at a Kosher cafe and ate them outside until it was time to catch the next flight home. I know everyone says this about their grandparents but I mean it when I say mine are the best.