Wednesday

Project Vintro

Haven't written on here in a while so even if it takes me a sec to get back to blogging, why not a little update?

Luxury boutique Hotel
Park Avenue, Miami
And a hotel restaurant by Giorgios Group
AND A ROOFTOP POOL (!!!)

The food concept is old world Mediterranean using local Miami ingredients. Small plates. Lot's of them. Strong drink program. And conversation. We've tagged it "New Miami."

One because what even is "New American" when no one's even sure what American is anymore. And two because restaurant Lippi on Brickell (downtown Miami. so. good.) just opened two months ago and is doing a pretty similar food concept.  And well three because if my boss and I agree on one thing, it's our disgust with America's not-talked-about habit of Made in China and we're doing everything we can to resist. See most recent GG restaurant: 22 in Durham.

So that's what I've been working on. SEE I SWEAR I'VE BEEN WORKING. Developing an identity for this restaurant while staying true to the Vintro Hotels brand. Coc It's everything from interior design to actual menu content. See where a studio art major and a 2-semester portfolio gets you? That's that no student left behind act. Or something. Working hard to make sure it's a restaurant that serves both the local community and the tourist.  I classify myself as both.

I'm proud of it because it's an honest concept. The owner is pure, genuine fun and I think his hotel is going to reflect that.