Wednesday

Ice cream is always a good idea

Sometimes i skip self checkout at the grocery store just so i get this one girl who has an eating disorder to ring me up.  She longingly eyes the carton of ice cream I'm buying and we exchange awkward glances and i kind of smile so she kind of does, too.  I always hope it gets her to crave some so she'll go eat a quart one night.  it sounds really mean, but she always looks like she's in so much pain. So yesterday while i was giving her a 5 and she was counting out my $1.48 in change, she wouldn't make eye contact but stopped what she was doing and said,  "I saw you got this kind last time, so I tried it and I'm never going back to vanilla." she looked up, this time easily, and we laughed. I left satisfied that my ice cream got that girl to want to have some ice cream herself.