Tuesday

Adventures of an air-headed daddy's girl, episode 27

Today I stole a parking spot from Granville. 
Background: I was throwing up all night, still felt sick today, but went to class anyway. I didn't want to walk all the way from my normal [legal] parking spot, so i decided i'd be sneaky and try and park closer to class. Which also happened to be a towing zone for non-permit holders.  Faults all on me, I'm an idiot for thinking I'd get away with it. But if i've learned anything, it's that you don't park in spots where you're not permitted to park. what! Shocker!
yeah, i know..
Gotta start somewhere.
anyway, i got the $100 cash from the bank to pay the towers off.
at 4:45 pm.
the bank closes at 5.
Which is also when the towing place closes.
Called my dad, in tears, to come save me, as if i were stranded in the middle of the ocean on a plank surrounded by sharks.
Then called the towing place to sweetly ask them to stay open until 6.
He hesitated.
Then obliged. 
file under- the joys and fast-breaks of being a girl in the 21st century.
Went to Starbucks to ease my churning stomach and chilled fever with some hot green tea and big leather chair.
And also to plug my laptop in to look up directions to this place.
And get out of the rain.
My dad arrived at 5:45
...After dropping 2 clients, finding my brother a ride to work, and trudging through rush hour traffic from Cary to Chapel Hill.
He wrapped me in his thermal long sleeved shirt and made my crying seem silly and over dramatic, while he handed me five 20's and told me to stop worrying, that daddy will take care of it.
We drove to the towing place 20 minutes out, in the middle of nowhere, with the help of my scribbled down mapquest directions (so 2002) on the back of some media law notes.
The guy came out, the three of us starting talking awkwardly.
He and my dad then took over the conversation.
Sharing stories, discovering mutual friends, and acting like old buddies themselves.
How is my dad so good at that?
He's great.
i'm so lucky.

In other news, I'll be headed to Michigan July 19-26. By myself. #singlegirljetsetting #literally. My grandpa's in progressing stages of Parkinson's. My grandma called me this evening to tell me about how I have to come and oh, how she's already bought my plane ticket for those dates. Good thing I'm not doing anything in the middle of July anyways. Am I being sarcastic? I can't even tell anymore.

Typical Tuesday night. #taylorswiftforeveryoccasion