Monday

"Thumbs up if you knew this song or Adele before Glee!" -eatupfatkid 21 hours ago



i didn't know this song. or Adele. or that it was on Glee before. But boy girl am i glad i do now.

I won't let you close enough to hurt me,
No, I won't rescue you to just desert me,
I cant give you the heart you think you gave me,
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables.

So I let another one crumble to pieces, and I realized it was because of my own fear. I realized I didn't open up. I realized I couldn't yet. I couldn't give. Take. I realized that the entire time, I was scared. Scared to jump in. Scared to talk about it. Scared it would happen again. Scared to even consider letting it. I'm not ready, i guess. I'm not ready to be ready. I thought I was. But I got so close, too close, to that feeling of completely falling for someone again. It's weird, it's so dangerous to me now. It's like I have a lifeguard in my brain blowing her whistle loud in my ear just as soon as I get too close. Should I be angry for the guard I've put up for myself? It's frustrating, I won't lie. I've never had such big walls for my own heart's sake. Used to be steel. Never felt like I needed them. But I feel strength in that someday, someone will be worth tearing them down for. And until then, I'll laugh in the faces of the imposters and say, "HA! Out to break hearts? Not this girl's, you're not."

that was really cheesy.

Left.
It happens.
Vulnerable?
Never again.