Friday

I only like you when I'm high

Wish i had a cool song to share.  I'm disappointed with boys.  They are not just flirting with you. They want to take you home invite themselves over and *3&/ you. You didn't know that? Ohh, you thought they liked you, thought they were thinking you might be a cool girl. Common misconception. They are actually, believe it or not, not looking for cool girls.  Maybe cool in that you won't bother them the next day. To them, you're last Friday night, or Thursday, depending on which night you went out.  See, it's not always so blatantly clear.  Which makes it so frustrating. I actually do have a song to share. One sec.



Back. So- after everyone has the two of you have spoken aloud your actual intentions, they will probably show you how surprised and apologetic they are are acting. Often, usually, in fact, they will turn the misunderstanding of intentions around so that they make you feel as if you appeared as though your intentions were to *3&/.  That they, honestly, were not trying to *3&/ and that -ohh, haha they thought you said you wanted to!.  In this case, they are successful in making you feel like 1. an accidental slut, 2. a terrible person for being a total tease, 3. lame, because you just threw a bunch of sand at the flame you guys had going.

It's not that you are always supposed to be able to bring a guy home and not expect anything.  Granted, in these situations it is almost always past 2 o'clock in the morning, and no one at this point actually voluntarily wants to go hang out and talk until work in a few hours.  It is, that, when neither of you are even a little bit wasted, and that when you work together, and that when you've been talking for the last 48 hours, you are allowed to be supposed to be able to bring a guy home let a guy come over to, as he puts it, "hang out so he can sober up before he drives home" and not expect anything.  Fair? Fair. Very, I think.

So girls, no matter how non-sexual your relationship with a guy was before you go out with him one night, when he wants to come "hang out so he can sober up before he drives home," he's also wanting to hang out.  Leaving you feeling dejected and plain the next day. Because no, it will not be exciting to see him at work the next day. And those cute texts from before, those were from before. Before he found out you were not DTF.  I'm sorry. I'm not even saying sorry to you, I'm mostly saying it for myself.  But boys are not trying to hang out they way you like hanging out. For some astronomical statistical reason I have not figured out. Nor come to terms with. Which is why I'm disappointed in boys. And their lack of thinking I just might be a cool girl. Because I am. I decided. Whether they will ever think so again or not.