Wednesday

Somethin, somethin about this place



After two weeks of go-go-go, i'm finally so-so happy to be hommmeee!!! I get one night cuddled up in my mamas bed before it's back to the hill.  She and the little one are leaving early in the morning for Busch Gardens and I'll be up, hopefully, hours after that as I am completely exhausted from my city girl lifestyle that has been the past week. And as much as I loved it- i really, really loved it - I could not be more excited to get back to my little college town. Being in a city that literally never sleeps, meeting 28-year-old-somebodies, and being around people who are already all grown up, have lives and goals and plans, really made me miss UNC.  At one swanky hotel that, by some lucky clover, I got let into, I found myself staring at women's shoes that cost more than my books, men's suits that smelled like men with five-o-clock shadow Armani-model faces and table service that made me feel awkward and pretentious. I found myself missing Franklin Street bars crowded with people I knew, quarter beers, and lanky frat boys who only cared about their gpa and whether or not they got into the B school. Anyway, I have some unfinished life to do here in NC, and I'm saving the fast-paced nightlife of NYC for after I graduate. Cheers to some thirsty thursday shenanigans back at He's Not tomorrow. Feels good to be home.