Friday

I was flying on a jet pack and then hit a stump

Well hi! I haven't dropped by in a while. Partly because I've been homeless and partly because I really don't have a reason.  The convenience of one lease ending 5 days before the next one begins should be starred and circled under the "ways to make life easier" section in the Popular Mechanics for College Living. That was supremely sarcastic, if you didn't pick up. So here we are at home home, late morning on a Friday just me and the littlest brother with the house to ourselves, and I'm stopping by to say whatever it is I've been meaning to say.  I asked little brother what I should say for why I haven't posted in so long and he said, "say you were flying on a jet pack and then hit a stump."
 ....So that's where that came from. In case we fooled you into thinking they were awesome lyrics or something. Nah.. just Kev offering a perfectly fitting story for this blog. We have the same mind.

I guess I could tell you about my morning. Not that it was particularly interesting, but because it was particularly wonderful.  I woke up early with that feeling that you just can't go back to sleep until you wash your mouth out immediately. Sexy, I know but I fell into bed last night extremely late and a little bit drunk so brushing my teeth didn't happen.  Anyway, I didn't end up going back to sleep but I found equally heavenly laziness on the couch with one of those intensely soft Target blankets and music videos on Vh1. I rewinded No Doubt's Settle Down 3 times. Later Kev came down and asked if I wanted eggs. First of all.. aw.  Second of all, he didn't mean just eggs.  A few music videos and low-budget lawyer commercials later, he brings out 2 glasses of this pineapple orange juice he mixed up and 2 bagel sandwiches so good, we ended up talking for 45 minutes about the restaurant we're going to open up and serve them at.  And how we couldn't call it Kev's Kitchen because that's the kind of place that would be in an abandoned strip mall with old flyers taped on the storefront window and the sign in white Arial-font letters with the lights burned out in the "tc" and the "ev's." haha! Instead he said it should be called Shannon's Art Room and he would hang up all my paintings on the walls so old rich people having brunch would look at the one above their table and be like hmm. ohh. That's nice, isn't it Kath? That would look nice in the parlor. I told him jackpot and he would have to play live music on his ukulele/guitar/piano/harmonica/electric banjo at lunch and dinner. (He really plays anything classified as "instrument.") We've got big dreams, him and me.

Here's the thing about the bagel sandwich. Just so you don't think I'm this obsessed with just any old breakfast food. Which I am so.. never mind.

Bagel toasted
idk why I wrote it like that
1. Toasted bagel
Baby swiss cheese (? I think it might have just been American from the deli, but I love how baby swiss cheese is called baby swiss cheese)
Onion
Lettuce
Bacon
Egg, sunny side up
One secret ingredient that I was instructed not to disclose. You know, in case the whole Shannon's Art Room thing takes shape. Thinking ahead.

Have lovely Fridays, it really is the best day of the week. And if I don't talk to you before the weekend is over, have lovely ones of those too. Mine's about to be spent with tax-free clothing and the people I'm going to miss most this fall.

CIAO
(I can start saying that now, right?)