Tuesday

Something for the Weekend

I'd like to take a second to talk about one of my favorite jewelry artists, Cindy Man Wai Chan, who's jewelry line, Dotoly, is cool as shit. It originally stole my heart with the precious elephant ring that clings to your finger like a baby koala. I shared the link to it in a post earlier this year, but because of my downright obsession with basically everything she creates, I decided it was about time to highlight Chan's treasures on here for round 2.  Also, because one of my alternate choices for classes at SACI is jewelry design. (I'm laughing at myself, too). 

Even if you're tired of me telling you to buy rings, you can't deny your heart melts at the mere sight of these guys-

1. For C
Mom and Baby Giraffe Animal Hug Wrap Ring in Bronze - Sizes 5 to 9

Sometimes C and I are the same person, but always we are our own spirit animals.  I don't know when we grew into our respective spirit animals it kind of happened right around the time months before animal jewelry became trendy. But every time I see something with a giraffe on it, I have to tell her.  If you and your best friend don't have spirit animals.... sucks.

2. For the Carolina girl 
3D Adjustable Ram Sheep Bone Fossil Animal Ring in Silver

The description says "mountain sheep" but I say Ram.  Wear this to all the football games in the fall for me.  I'll be sporting it in Florence and people will either think that I like sheep or that I am a UNC student. In Italy, probably the former.  Maybe I'll meet a shepherd.

3. Swamp Life 

3D Crocodile Alligator Lizard Animal Wrap Ring in Bronze - Size 6 ONLY

It's actually Salt Life, but Gator fans think they're being cute. Speaking of college mascots, I couldn't leave out the other love of my life, K. My cousin goes to UF and makes orange and blue look better than Tebow. And that's saying something.  When we were younger, our families treated us to resort-like daycations every summer in the Everglades.  Plenty of sun sunburned earlobes that hurt so bad you have to hold wet napkins on them while you cry at the Steak n' Shake, sand sulfurous swamp mud, and tropical umbrella drinks Cokes we had to share with the snotty lips of our sweaty little brothers. I'm kidding, it was always pretty fun.  And we'd get alligator for lunch that we always felt so bad ass eating, but it really just tastes like chicken fingers. Shh!

4. "Snake"
Adjustable Realistic Snake Animal Two Finger Double Ring in Silver

This description doesn't have anything to do with these posts- which I think are really sexy- but I have a snake story. One August morning when C and I were visiting my grandparents' little bungalow in Florida, we went out (key word) to go surfing during a small hurricane. (I know, we're so cool.)  One of the other brave souls out there was a hot (duh) surfer, whose wild drug-dealing stories would be sure to get us to his hot tub party that night (what.. he's a surfer). But when I told my uncle about "how cool it was that he goes by "Snake" by his surfer friends!", we weren't allowed to talk to him anymore. I think C and I I won the naive-as-shit-boy-crazy award in my teen years.

5.  "Oh Fifty!"


If you know me in real life, you know that I actually can't stand the Fifty Shades books.  Despise isn't even the word.  Really bad literature (not news to anyone) and Christian might be hot but he strips a smart girl of her freedom, personality and..don't want to ruin it for anyone but.. future.  Ok I'm done. But since it is a really popular series and so many women do enjoy it, I think it'd be kind of hot to wear this necklace as a tribute to Ana  Miss Steele.

6. Princess 


Ending on a good note. I love these posts.  Since it's summer, I've been trying to color-up my normally neutral wardrobe and I'm thinking these would do just that with this [neutral] cotton number I recently ordered from American Apparel. Not telling which one. For Italy, I tell my mom.

...no. For this weekend.