Wednesday

The day the pasticceria had its way with me and I liked it

Yesterday I went to the questura to get fingerprinted for my permit of stay. At 6:45 am. It was an hour I hope no one has to experience.. ok it's not that early.. and it's actually freezing in the mornings now but when you endure it with friends, it ends up 1. being not that bad and 2. with a chocolate croissant. Soooo you know you gotta multiply by 3. Going ahead and admitting it here like it's one of those confession boxes: Yesterday I ate 6 croissants. Depending on whether or not you want to count the ones with chocolate inside.  I swear I would have had it together if it weren't for the way they smell when you walk by. Or for the nice fat man who tells you buongiorno like it's your first day in Italy. But it was, and I didn't, and sometimes, you just have to give in to the seduction of the pasticceria.