Wednesday

Things I like about this semester

-morning classes. its hard waking up but I love mornings
-my spanish teacher. She's cool and dresses well. The first day she wore the gorgeous free people dress my own summer salary couldn't handle. and she always seems like she's in a good mood even though it's 8 in the morning.
-my art history class that doesn't meet on Fridays. [note: i don't like the fact that we have assigned seats. i liked that i moved on from second grade]
-the way the window by my bed catches the rays of the sunset around 6:30 and casts a dappled pattern of light on my bed. not to be sappy, but it's pretty!
-work. I've finally worked my way out of grunt work and now have my own desk. Was invited on the cruise this fall and even starting my own project soon! Day trips for field work to come, too!
-not being a freshman. There's so much to adjusting that you just can't realize until you've adjusted. and until I'm a senior i know i'll keep thinking this way.
-my sorority. in the words of one of Carolina's true frat stars: Cool bitches. (i've been trained to embrace the term "bitch" via WMST 101)
-Yofruut (sp?)- some frozen yogurt place on Franklin. Hated it at first but if you don't get green tea flavor it's pretty tasty. i just like any self-serve frozen yogurt place so i'm not sure how i feel about giving this place the credit. it's just the only place like it around. Mochi at UF is way better. or Tutti Frutti in Miami. Do they grow self-serve frozen yogurt in Florida or something?
-Krispy Kreme. This shouldn't be on the list but i think i've had at least one every day since it opened. yea that's pretty gross.
-My bike!! ha i've already gone on more bike rides than i ever rode it last year. such an obnoxious thing to do in chapel hill, but its really fun! especially in the mornings riding back from j's for an early class :)