Monday

Brother Bears

One of these guys knows exactly how to make me laugh. He never complains and thinks anything is perfect the way it is.  He doesn't use his cell phone because he "doesn't want people to be able to reach him."  He'll eat anything you cook, even if it's terrible; he calls it "eating it anyway." He likes staying up late and waking up early and seems to never stop playing his electric ukelele. Or piano. Or guitar. Or banjo. Or harmonica. Or homemade ukelele. He learns to play any song I say I like, as if just to make me happy.  He'll let you hug him for as long as you want, but he doesn't often hug back.  He's got the softest skin and tangly blonde hair that reminds me of my own.  Somehow it's so much cuter on him.  He's getting his braces off soon and I'm dreading it. He'll be that much more grown up and I'm afraid I'll forget his crooked pre-teen smile he tries so hard to hide. It's a good thing he's got those dimples that give him away because I don't know what I'd do without that smile.

The other seems more my age the older we get.  He's more a man than anyone I know.  He's smarter, kinder, more generous than I am, and he makes me want to be a better person every day.  He's honest, sweet and knows how to listen.  When we were little he wanted a dog more than anything, and one day I hope he gets one.  He always lets me be right, even when he knows I'm wrong.  He'll apologize for no reason at all, just to stop fighting.  We'll always share the giddy excitement of Christmas morning.  And even though we're older now, he taught the little one the same excitement and has been right there with him jumping on my bed at 5 am every year.  He dresses well, has wonderful brown eyes and a pretty girlfriend. But between you and I, no girl will ever be pretty enough for him.  I used to be the big one, the tall lanky sibling that held her little brothers close, with each elbow around their necks like they were her dolls. Now that he's a little bit taller, he's my protector. I can't imagine resting my head on anyone else's shoulder.

My little one
My best friend
Bren and me
Nothin's changed there
Always loved this one
Look at that team