Monday

One month of school WHAT

My design final is on logos. Here, I will put helpful reminders I stumble upon while I do my research.  I like how some can be applied to other aspects in life. I like how this class teaches me to never cage your freedom. To always be growing and tending to yourself. To remember that sometimes, you have to be selfish. In order to develop, to take advantage of new opportunities, to make your "brand" the strongest, most lasting brand it can be.  Because you're going to have to live with it your whole life. So you want it to be good. And "In order to be irreplaceable, you have to be different." -Chanel

"Milk comes with a definite expiration date. Logos do not. When you sell a brand owner a fresh logo, make sure that person knows how to store it properly.  Or it may sour prematurely."

"Don't fall in love with a direction at this stage.  Step back and develop several ideas.  You may have something genuinely insightful.  If you get too attached to one idea, you're shutting out other possibilities and turning off the creative faucet."

"Surrounding Layout: Are you building an anchor or a sail?"

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.  All life is an experiment.  The more experiments you make, the better."

"Bottle rockets are a heady source of delight for many youngsters, for the same reason they're the source of angst for many parents- they're unpredictable.  As a designer, there's no telling whether your logo launch will soar, implode, or simply fizzle.  Scary, considering that now it's not just your fingers on the line."

"Most customers have trouble committing.  They'll take home a jar of peanut butter one week, then ditch it for a cheaper brand the next.  Steady customer loyalty takes work.  Customers don't respond to a flowers-and-candy spiel- they respond to brand consistency."

I've set up a pace/schedule for myself so that I stay on top of things:
WEd 4/4: Research/make thumbnails
Mon 4/9: develop concept/design form
Wed 4/11: Collect/have 30 textures/ print photocopies
Mon 4/16: Begin collage/edit composition
Wed/4/18: BE READY FOR YOUR CRIT